Spinervals Cycling 8-Week Pre Season Aerobic Base Building Program
& DVD Bundle
List Price $369.40|
Our Price $270.00
You Save $99.40 27%
Purchase this training plan and receive a
FREE Training DVD
(Triathlon Nuggets of Wisdom Vol. 1 -
Fundamental Training Tips), a $19.95 Value!
Offer good for a limited time only. All prior sales are excluded. Only good for orders made in the continental United States. Shipping via USPS and may take 3-4 weeks for delivery.
Register for this plan NOW and receive a FREE 3-Month Basic Membership to CoachTroy.com! Valued at over $30, this limited offer gives you access to articles, discounts to training products and services and MORE!
Thank you for your interest in using this and other training plans available on our website. These plans, created by Coach Troy Jacobson, have demonstrated their effectiveness over many years for athletes of all levels. Plans are delivered through the Training Peaks Coaching website platform, allowing the athlete to log and track training progress, further enhancing their ability to reach their goals. Please review the description below for more information and to get started.
PURPOSE OF THIS PLAN:
The Spinervals Cycling 8 Week Intermediate Distance Base Building Training plan is a generalized program intended for the competitive age group cyclist or triathlete preparing for cycling events up to 60 miles or four hours in duration with up to 10 hours per week to commit to indoor bike training.
Videos included for use with this program are:
You can view details about these titles online from our website by clicking on their links above.
The target race events for this program include criteriums, metric century rides, 40K Time Trials, Sprint, Olympic and Half Iron Distance events. After completing this program using the Spinervals Cycling Workout series, the cyclist will be better prepared to transition into a competition training phase, incorporating higher intensity 'race specific' work.
The key to success in this Base Building Phase is consistency. Cyclists must do their very best to adhere to the training method prescribed with 95% accuracy in order to achieve the desired results. Upon successful completion of this phase, please refer to the race specific training programs offered by Coach Troy Jacobson using his training video library designed for your goal event or acquire the services of a professional coach.
Before starting this program, please note the following recommendations:
- This program is intended for use by intermediate level (2+ years of cycling training experience) athletes who are in good general aerobic conditioning after the post season.
- Athletes are advised and encouraged to monitor their training progress closely and track training metrics using TP.
- This program does not take into consideration the cross training requirements of triathletes, including running and swim training… nor does it take into account the need for strength or flexibility training. Furthermore, nutrition is not covered with this plan. Please consult with a coach if you wish to add supplementary and other sport training to your program or incorporate the StrEndurance 12-Week Progression 2-3 times/week. The focus of this plan is building an aerobic foundation for intermediate level age group cyclists.
- Athletes will get the most out of this program if they have an understanding of their Functional Threshold Power and Anaerobic Threshold Heart Rate. It is recommended that one establishes these benchmarks before beginning the program by performing the fitness test found in Spinervals 27.0 -- Threshold Test and Suffer Fest.
- The success of this program hinges on being consistent with your training, day after day, as well as adhering to a performance oriented diet designed to help you maximize recovery while leaning down to competitive race weight. Performance Nutrition consulting is available by emailing email@example.com.
- This program incorporates workouts that focus on skill development, aerobic energy system development and even some anaerobic training for that 'high end' maintenance. A wide range of video workouts have been selected in order to maintain interest and prevent boredom inherent to indoor training. Substitute outdoor training with a similar focus to that prescribed for the indoor trainer whenever appropriate. The general rule of thumb is to add volume (time) in the range of 30% for outdoor rides as compared to riding indoors, in order to receive the same level of system overload.
- The foundation for this program is in using the Spinervals Training Series library and other performance training videos by Coach Troy Jacobson. Workout DVDs can be purchased from this website or you can download or rent them by visiting www.mypypeline.com/coachtroy.
- Private, personalized coaching is available too, leveraging the Spinervals Training Series. Learn more about personal coaching services by Coach Troy Jacobson and his associate coaches at www.coachtroy.com.
Register and get started with 5-Easy Steps!
- Purchase this plan.
- Once purchased, you'll be contacted by our office via e-mail within 2 business days to register for a Training Peaks account.
- Take a moment to register for your account.
- Once you're registered, your plan will be loaded to your schedule.
- Start your program, get results and achieve your goals!
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free, 1-888-288-0503.
What do you get with this training plan?
After purchase, your plan will be available in your own private online training log account. You'll enjoy these benefits and more:
- Daily e-mails with your next workout keep you on track
- Create your own routes or search our library of routes for tracking your workouts
- Map, graph and share workouts with your friends by e-mail, Facebook and view in Google Maps or Google Earth
- Upload workouts from one of more than 80 training devices (Garmin, Suunto, Timex, Polar, more) or easily record your workouts manually
- Track your fitness and gain confidence
- Complete nutrition tracking to monitor your diet
- Get support and answers on the Message Boards
Before Starting this Program, please read the following:
Establish training zones (power and/or heart rate) by receiving performance testing in a lab or doing a functional threshold benchmark test as found in Spinervals 27.0 -- Threshold Test and Suffer Fest. Most of your training during this base building cycle will be done in your aerobic zones, commonly known as Zone 2 and Zone 3. Be prepared to repeat your test to check on your progress and to reestablish new zones at the end of this aerobic base development program and as you transition into the next cycle of your annual training progression.
25% Off Promo Discount
To purchase the entire DVD bundle at a special discounted price, CLICK HERE!
Spinervals 16 - Aero Base Builder I
Planned Time: 1:20:00
Focus: Aerobic intervals.
Spinervals 8 - Recovery and Technique
Planned Time: 0:45:00
Focus: Technique and aerobic development.
Spinervals 17 - Aero Base Builder II
Planned Time: 1:10:00
Focus: Aerobic Intervals.
Spinervals 18- Aero Base Builder III PLUS 40 min. Steady State Aerobic Spin (85-95 rpms)
Planned Time: 2:00:00
Focus: Aerobic Intervals.
Spinervals 23 - Time Saver I, Workout A PLUS 20-30 minutes steady state spin (85-95 rpms)
Planned Time: 1:00:00
Focus: Technique Development.